How to get rid of bags under eyes?

Lid surgery. Bags under the eyes are caused by changes in the skin thickness and elasticity. Although there are cosmetics that can conceal the appearance, the most effective treatment is either to surgically correct the bags or place filler agents under the skin below the bags in order to "inflate" the skin around them. This is not permanent but is less invasive than a lid tuck.
Surgery. Bags under eyes are caused by fat which normally cushions the eye, prolapsing or moving forward under the skin. Surgical removal of the fat and tightening the skin are the main treatments, although salt restriction and sleeping with the head elevated may help.