Endometriosis reoccurred after 2nd surgery, dr refused 3rd surgery said would cause it to spread and become worse, I have an endometrioma, is this true?

Dr. Michael Traub
Fertility Medicine

In brief: Fertility Specialist

At this point you would likely benefit from seeing a specialist.
There are different options and different concerns. Surgery is still an option but you really need to know what your goals are. I would not do anything before seeing a specialist. And yes only surgery will remove an endometrioma but not all of them need to be removed.

In brief: Fertility Specialist

Dr. Michael Traub
Dr. Michael Traub
Dr. David Barrere

In brief: Doesn't sound right

If you have an endometrioma (based on an ultrasound), then it really is best treated surgically.
Your doctor may be reluctant to operate on you a 3rd time because there may not be much he can do. In the absence of an endometrioma, you may want to consider a medication (lupron), that temporarily puts you into menopause, thus starving endometriosis. If you have endo, then symptoms improve.

In brief: Doesn't sound right

Dr. David Barrere
Dr. David Barrere
Dr. Mark Pack
Board Certified, Surgery