I get a lot of muscle spasms. They tend to happen in one place for a while and then move somewhere else. What could be causing this?

Dr. K. Olson
In brief: Muscle spasm
Assuming these symptoms are the only ones you are having, consider metabolic imbalances like low calcium or magnesium.
Also, certain medications like antipsychotics, anti-nausea agents (zofran for example), and medications used for gastroparesis like reglan (metoclopramide). They can cause cramping or spasms. Poor hydration and in particular lack of electrolyte replacement could be involved.

In brief: Muscle spasm
Dr. K. Olson
Dr. K. Olson
Dr. Steven Arbit
Physical & Rehabilitation Medicine
In brief: Many reasons
Muscle spasms can be the result of many different conditions.
The most common are trauma and injuries. Certainly stress can cause muscle spasms as well. There are many muscle and neurologic conditions that could be causing them. Some of the conditions are relatively benign and others can be more significant. I would see a neurologist of physiatrist for an evaluation.

In brief: Many reasons
Dr. Steven Arbit
Dr. Steven Arbit
Dr. Eric Weisman