I have stomach ulcers after gastric bypass and I have no desire to eat is that normal?

Dr. Arthur Heller
Internal Medicine - Gastroenterology

In brief: No, but not uncommon

Follow up with surgeon.
Tested for h .Pylori? Can cause ulcers. Marginal ulcers usually on the intestinal side of the anastomosis (seam) not rare. Needs follow up, especially if interfering with oral intake, or if vomiting ( a big deal). See your doc.

In brief: No, but not uncommon

Follow up with surgeon.
Dr. Arthur Heller
Dr. Arthur Heller
Dr. Gregg Nishi
Bariatrics

In brief: Ulcer gastric bypass

It is common for patients to have very little appetite after gastric bypass.
Developing a marginal or anastomotic ulcer is also something that occasionally happens as well. It should be aggressively treated with a proton pump inhibitor (dexilant, protonix, (pantoprazole) prevacid, etc) and carafate. You also need to have an UGI and egd to make sure you don't have a gastro-gastric fistula causing the ulcers.

In brief: Ulcer gastric bypass

Dr. Gregg Nishi
Dr. Gregg Nishi