How bad is cracking your: knuckles, neck and back.... Long term on the body?

Dr. PHILIP WALLER
Internal Medicine - Rheumatology
In brief: NOT DANDEROUS
It appears cracking or crepitus (the medical term for cracking) does not appear to lead to arthritis or other chronic issues.
The one exception is if cracking occurs with pain and then it should be evaluated by a physician.

In brief: NOT DANDEROUS
Dr. PHILIP WALLER
Dr. PHILIP WALLER
Dr. Doug Mason
Podiatry
In brief: It isn't
All the noise is air moving around your joint space among the joint fluid.
Cracking your knuckles is NOT going to give you big knuckles. I don't know if there is any evidence based studies on long term. I can tell you that I do crack my knuckles and have been for over 40 years. I have no problems thus far.

In brief: It isn't
Dr. Doug Mason
Dr. Doug Mason
Dr. Steven Seres