Whats the white stuff that I sometimes get in my tonsils?

Dr. David Astrachan
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery
In brief: Debris
The material is a combination of old food, shed cells from the tonsils, and bacteria.
It is sometimes called tonsil stones but i prefer to call it tonsil cheese. Sometimes antibiotics can help but if it's a problem often the only cure is to remove the tonsils.

In brief: Debris
Dr. David Astrachan
Dr. David Astrachan
Dr. Anifat Balogun
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery
In brief: Tonsil stones
The white material that sometimes gets into tonsil pockets are called tonsil stones or tonsilloliths.
They result from trapped, hardened deposits of food debris, dead cells, mucus and bacteria. Apart from being able to see the deposits, tonsil stones can lead to bad breath, sore throat, tonsil swelling and difficulty swallowing. Peroxide and salt water gargles as well as tonsillectomy are options.

In brief: Tonsil stones
Dr. Anifat Balogun
Dr. Anifat Balogun
Dr. Keegan Duchicela