I had an mastoidectomy at the end of october ia it normal for my scar to hurt still?

Dr. Anifat Balogun
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery
In brief: Mastoidectomy scar
You should not be experiencing frank pain at the site of your mastoidectomy incision.
The scar may feel a bit tight or uncomfortable, as the scar initially contracts and then stretches out during the healing and wound remodeling process. Make sure to have the area checked by your ear surgeon.

In brief: Mastoidectomy scar
Dr. Anifat Balogun
Dr. Anifat Balogun
Dr. Steven Levine
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery
In brief: It is not typical.
Most patients are fully recovered within 6-12 weeks.
Occasionally, regrowth of sensory nerves across surgical scars may cause discomfort for up to a year after surgery. It is always best to discuss your concerns with the surgeon who performed the operation.

In brief: It is not typical.
Dr. Steven Levine
Dr. Steven Levine