My 13 yr old c/o dizziness when getting up too quickly. Is she too young to experience orthostatic hypotension? What else could be causing this?

Dr. David Astrachan
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery

In brief: She's not too young

Depending upon diet and hydration she is not too young to have orthostatic symptoms.
As far as I am concerned symptoms that you describe represent orthostatic changes until proven otherwise. In the absence of the sensation of motion it is not a vestibular issue.

In brief: She's not too young

Dr. David Astrachan
Dr. David Astrachan
Dr. Kevin Windisch

In brief: Lots of things

While orthostatic hypotension is hands down the most common thing we would see in a young teen the list of things that can cause dizziness is too long to put here in 400 characters.
Having your child seen by his pediatrician will put this issue to rest quickly for you.

In brief: Lots of things

Dr. Kevin Windisch
Dr. Kevin Windisch
Dr. Cindy Juster