What type of treatment can be given when lupus-like symptoms do not quite warrant a diagnosis? Do I have to wait for a true diagnosis to get relief?

Dr. John Goldman
Internal Medicine - Rheumatology
In brief: A correct diagnosis
Get a correct diagnosis now.
People with lupus can have a variety of symptoms that can be present in other conditions. If you do not have lupus you have something else. This needs to be defined and then you get help now. Waiting for a diagnosis that you may never get is not going to help you.

In brief: A correct diagnosis
Get a correct diagnosis now.
Dr. John Goldman
Dr. John Goldman
Dr. Gamal Boutros
Neurology
In brief: Specific symp lupus
Lupus like symptom you mean fatigue, headache, fever, joint pain, rash on face, sun sensitivity, chest pain?All are non specific, can have flares then resolve-- all symptom could represent a variety of disorders, I do not want to give specifics, now---- treat symptoms indenpendently and keep your appointments --till your rheumatology collect enough criteria to put you in a category.

In brief: Specific symp lupus
Dr. Gamal Boutros
Dr. Gamal Boutros
Dr. William Forsythe