How do I make my baby hives go away?

Dr. Jack Mutnick
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology
In brief: Hives
Hives are often transient in children.
Most often I have personally found that it is usually due to one of three things: (1) post-viral infection; (2) antibiotics; (3) new food. Otc antihistamines will help.

In brief: Hives
Hives are often transient in children.
Dr. Jack Mutnick
Dr. Jack Mutnick
Dr. Morris Westfried
Dermatology
In brief: Diet,drug?
Has the baby been exposed to any medications recently? Has the baby had an infection of any kind? These can e causes of hives.
If not then you have to put baby on elimination diet of hypoallergenic foods to eliminate possible offending foods. You can work with your pediatrician, allergist or dermatologist to find the cause of hives.Benadryl (diphenhydramine) can help temporarily.

In brief: Diet,drug?
Dr. Morris Westfried
Dr. Morris Westfried
Dr. Brian Novick
hives can be frustrating...and a causee is not always found