Why is my foot so swollen after knee surgery?

DVT. Your foot is probably swollen from the trauma of knee surgery, but it can be swollen from a blood clot in your leg, which can be extremely dangerous. Deep venous thrombus can have formed in one of the deep veins in your leg causing the swelling in your foot. Knee surgery puts you at a very high risk for this. It can be very dangerous as this can progress to a pulmonary embolism. So get checked out.
Swelling. As stated it could be normal and it could be DVT. The right thing to do is see your surgeon to get it checked.
Poor venous return. Theer is only one way out for the blood in your leg the back of the knee, a little knee swelling slows the way out for blood so it backs up rot he lowest point your foot if you have a acewrap on loosen it and elevate your leg above your heart stay horizontal.