Could high blood protein count be a sign of hodgkins disease?

Dr. Liawaty Ho
Internal Medicine - Hematology & Oncology

In brief: Not really

High blood protein in majority of cases are caused by the presence of inflammation or other chronic diseases that trigger inflammation in the body.
Having said that , sometimes, in certain cancer like myeloma, a high protein level can be seen that is associated with presence of cancerous protein (monoclonal protein). The high blood protein itself- by all means- is not a sign of hidgkin's lymphoma.

In brief: Not really

Dr. Michael Thompson

In brief: Anything

A high total protein (tp) can be related to cancer (or many types) or an inflammatory state.
I would not make the general statement that high blood protein is a marker for hodgkins lymphoma. Also a high tp on a blood test would not even suggest i look for lymphoma. It would suggest looking for the cause and possibly ordering an spep test.

In brief: Anything

Dr. Arnon Rubin