Is eye muscle surgery safe?

Eye muscle surgery. All surgery has some risk but eye muscle surgery as among the safest of all surgeries. If there is a need to have this surgery to correct eye alignment for functional or cosmetic reasons then by all means proceed. Of course anythinjg can happen including poor results, visual loss or complications of anesthesia- these are rare and are superseded greatly by the benefit in most cases.
Yes. Compared to most surgeries, eye muscle surgery is quite safe. Among the positives: the procedure is performed on the eye's surface rather than inside the eye so there is little chance of damage to the vision. There are risks such as infection, and under- or over-correction of the muscles, and you should discuss these with your doctor. But the benefits far outweigh the risks of muscle surgery.