I think I may have ibs, what can I do about the bloating and gas?

Dr. Leila Wing

In brief: Fiber

Fiber helps with both symptoms of constipation or diarrhea of ibs (irritable bowel syndrome).
Avoid foods that aggravate gas formation like broccoli or cauliflower type foods.

In brief: Fiber

Dr. Leila Wing
Dr. Leila Wing
Dr. Eric Kaplan
Surgery - Colorectal

In brief: Diet and fluids

I rarely prescribe meds for ibs.
In my experience teaching people to eat and drink properly resolves most if not all symptoms when the patient is compliant and follows through. Hi fiber, 80-100 ounces non caffeine, non alcoholic beverages each day, regular meal times, excercise. Consistency is the key to being symptom free.

In brief: Diet and fluids

I rarely prescribe meds for ibs.
Dr. Eric Kaplan
Dr. Eric Kaplan
Dr. Marsha Davis