My 93 yr aunt has mesenteric ischemia, 2 of her valves are 100% closed, the 3rd 50%. How long till it closes all the way? Been to ER twice this week.

Dr. Niranjan Rao
Surgery - Vascular

In brief: Not very long

Unpredictable.
However it long time survival is not likely due to age and extensive disease.

In brief: Not very long

Unpredictable.
Dr. Niranjan Rao
Dr. Niranjan Rao
Dr. Peter H'doubler
Surgery - Vascular

In brief: No way to predict

I think you mean that 2 of the three blood vessels supplying the gut are closed.
If the last vessel, presumably the superior mesenteric or celiac has a 50% blockage, she could benefit from angioplasty and stenting of the vessel, since she is very symptomatic. Difficult problem this, considering her age, and a candid discussion with her doctors may help you get a better handle on options/prognosis.

In brief: No way to predict

Dr. Peter H'doubler
Dr. Peter H'doubler
Dr. Umesh Patel
Board Certified, Preventive Medicine