Is the thumping in my right ear something to be worried about. It goes with my heart beat and has been on/off for 6 months.?

Dr. Albert Pizzo

In brief: Thumping sound -ear

This may be a type of tinnitis and or it may be related to your blood pressure or your vessels around the inner ear.
You need to see your doctor for a check up and then probably be referred to a ENT specialist.

In brief: Thumping sound -ear

Dr. Albert Pizzo
Dr. Albert Pizzo
Dr. David Astrachan
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery

In brief: Should get checked

What you are describing is called pulsatile tinnitus.
Usually it is due to a small blood vessel near the hearing nerve. Rarely it can be due to a benign growth or vascular lesion. Although the majority of my patients with pulsatile tinnitus end up having negative work ups you should be seen by an ENT doctor.

In brief: Should get checked

Dr. David Astrachan
Dr. David Astrachan
Dr. Tonga Nfor
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Cardiology