I was told I have estenial tremors how do I calm them down so I do not shake continously?

Dr. Paul Hartlaub
Preventive Medicine
In brief: Avoid caffeine, soda
Essential tremor, which is a rapid tremor usually easily seen with the hands and arms outstretched, is common; about 1 out of 20 adults have it.
Medications can help, but other things can, too, like decreasing caffeine-like substances in coffee, soda and chocolates. Some meds can also cause it. There are other more serious kinds of tremor, too, so get checked out if you are not sure.

In brief: Avoid caffeine, soda
Dr. Paul Hartlaub
Dr. Paul Hartlaub
Dr. Julian Bragg
Neurology
In brief: Calming, medications
Stress makes essential tremor significantly worse, so the first thing to try would be stress reduction exercises and being sure to get enough sleep.
If the symptoms perisist, there are medications that can reduce tremor (e.G beta-blockers, primidone). Many patients find that a small amount of alcohol reduces tremor dramatically, but be sure to speak with your pcp first!

In brief: Calming, medications
Dr. Julian Bragg
Dr. Julian Bragg
Dr. Olav Jaren
Neurology
In brief: Essential Tremor
Essential tremor is an involuntary movement that usually affects the hands or the head.
It is normally absent at rest and noticeable with movement, such as when reading a magazine or holding a spoon or a glass of water. It can sometimes be suppressed by using medicines such as propranolol or primidone. Is the diagnosis correct? There are other causes of tremor that should be considered.

In brief: Essential Tremor
Dr. Olav Jaren
Dr. Olav Jaren
In brief: Try medicine
There are drugs available like inderal, (propranolol) musolino, some benzodiazepam etc.
Make sure it is only essential tremors.

In brief: Try medicine
Make sure it is only essential tremors.
Dr. Nalinaksha Joshi
Dr. Nalinaksha Joshi
Dr. Eric Weisman