Hi there dr my brother who is  53 lives with my 88 year old aunty the problem is he has been taken to the mental health ward he is seeing things ?

Dr. Steven Reidbord

In brief: Visual hallucination

"seeing things" isn't always a psychiatric problem, esp if it's a new symptom. Other causes of visual hallucinations include poisoning (incldg alcohol), seizures, metabolic abnormalities, and others.
When a caretaker like your brother falls ill, there can be two victims: your aunt is at risk too. Ask the hospital if they have services to help your aunt in your brother's absence. Good luck.

In brief: Visual hallucination

Dr. Steven Reidbord
Dr. Steven Reidbord
Dr. Tracey Marks

In brief: Possibly

I'm not sure of the question, but i wouldn't be surprised that a 53 year old who needs to live with an 88 year old aunt (and be taken care of by that person) would have some mental difficulty.
If he is seeing things - that is, having visual hallucinations, then going to the hospital is the appropriate intervention.

In brief: Possibly

Dr. Tracey Marks
Dr. Tracey Marks
Dr. Eric Weisman