I have been taking iprateopium and albuterol via nebulizer for 4 days in the hospital and 8 days at home. I am down to 1every 12 hours. Can i stop?

Dr. Morton Levitt
Pathology

In brief: Ipratropium

Isatropium is an anti-cholinergic, which acts by opening constricted air passages which is also the action of albuterol.
You should consult with your pulmonigist to see it he wants to add an anti-inflammatory agent - such as an inhaled corticosteroid , to your regimen. Typically, your drug therapy is taken for life, but there are many choices and doses to try to minimize the number of drugs.

In brief: Ipratropium

Dr. Morton Levitt
Dr. Morton Levitt
Dr. Aaron Milstone
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Pulmonology