I just had surgery about 3wks ago. They took out my left ovary. Now I am having pain on my left side around where my ovary would be. Whats wrong?

Dr. Barry Rosen
Surgery

In brief: See your gyne

There are many different possible causes of your postoperative pain, varying from normal healing to potential serious infections.
If your pain is worse than what you expected after your operation, your gyne surgeon would definitely want to hear from you and examine you.

In brief: See your gyne

Dr. Barry Rosen
Dr. Barry Rosen
Dr. Carolyn Thompson

In brief: Probably nothing

You are most likely having pain as a result of the surgery.
There will be scar tissue forming in the area where your ovary was removed. That is a natural part of healing. There is also inflammation from the "injury" of surgery that usually takes weeks to resolve. This does not mean you will be in pain all that time, though. See your doc if your pain becomes significantly worse.

In brief: Probably nothing

Dr. Carolyn Thompson
Dr. Carolyn Thompson
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham