Slighly anemic need to take vitamin with iron they upset my stomach can I take flinstones with iron and do I need two?

Dr. Lee Drinkard
Internal Medicine - Oncology

In brief: No

Teh average over the counter multivitamin does not have the amount of available iron neede to correct anemia.
There are several different prescription strength iron preparations available. I would discuss this matter with your physician.

In brief: No

Dr. Lee Drinkard
Dr. Lee Drinkard
Dr. Michael Dugan
Internal Medicine - Hematology

In brief: Two would

Give you 36 mg per day of iron.
On the low side to treat iron deficiency, but good enough if anemia is mild. Split up the dose am and pm to get more absorption. On an empty acid stomach if possible.

In brief: Two would

Give you 36 mg per day of iron.
Dr. Michael Dugan
Dr. Michael Dugan
Dr. Keegan Duchicela