I have herpes and all my syptoms went away after treatment. Can I get blowjobs and have sex still without spreading it?

Dr. Valentin Drezaliu

In brief: Herpes

Herpes can be transmitted even if you dont have lesion.
Most of herpes is transmitted like this. One in 4 adults in usa harbor genital herpes. If you have more than 4 outbreaks a year you need supression therapy , and this may decrease the chance of transmitting the disease when you have unprotected sex.

In brief: Herpes

Dr. Valentin Drezaliu
Dr. Valentin Drezaliu
Dr. George Klauber
Pediatrics - Urology

In brief: Still at risk

Still a risk of spreading herpes virus from penis to mouth or by intercourse.
Please use protection. Any partner who might have passed the virus to you should also be tested. You and and the partner who might have passed it you could still reinfect each other even if both were treated.

In brief: Still at risk

Dr. George Klauber
Dr. George Klauber

In brief: Herpes after tx

Although you have received treatment and have no lesions, you should always practice "safe"/protected intercourse.

In brief: Herpes after tx

Dr. Stephen Chinn
Dr. Stephen Chinn
Dr. Jane Van Dis