What can I do to help my back pain ?

Dr. Jeffrey Glaser
Pain Management
In brief: Work-Up!
Before treating any condition you should be seen by a board certified physician to start a work-up.
It is probably best to start with your primary care physician and let that doctor lead the charge. Back pain can be caused by many different etiologies. Some of the causes can be serious and others not so so serious. Again, go see your doctor.

In brief: Work-Up!
Dr. Jeffrey Glaser
Dr. Jeffrey Glaser
Dr. Leila Wing
In brief: Depends on cause
Depending on the cause of back pain, there are different approaches to treatment.
If there is a musculoskeletal injury or muscle strain, warm baths, stretching, and over the counter pain medications like Acetaminophen or Ibuprofen can help. If there is a nerve or spinal vertebrae injury, treatment could be different. It also depends on how long the back pain has been present.

In brief: Depends on cause
Dr. Leila Wing
Dr. Leila Wing