My mom has a tooth infection with numbness on her face dentist said its normal. What should I do now?

Dr. Patrick Melder
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery
In brief: Not normal
Get a second opinion from another dentist or see an ent.
Numbness during an infection is not normal. I'd be very concerned about extension of the infection or malignancy.

In brief: Not normal
Dr. Patrick Melder
Dr. Patrick Melder
Dr. Arun Gadre
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery
In brief: Not always
Numbness over the face is not always normal.
It could represent a tumor also. Have her seek a second opinion from another dentist, and insist on imaging studies. If not have her see an head and neck surgeon.

In brief: Not always
Dr. Arun Gadre
Dr. Arun Gadre
In brief: Dental Infection
Assuming you are a care giver you need to get the infection taken care of and dental treatment for her. At the start an antibiotic is most likely indicated.

In brief: Dental Infection
Dr. Anthony D'Amico
Dr. Anthony D'Amico
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine