How do I prevent acne?

See below. Accurate diary of food intake. Lowering sugary and starchy foods will lead to improvement. Inflammation caused by food is number one cause. Of course keeping your skin clean has a positive effect.
Some thoughts. Acne is genetic and more prone to occur during hormone changes. That is unavoidable. You should start using some essential skincare products and devices such as the clarisonic pro, face washes and toners with benzoyl peroxide, salicylic acid, glycolic acid, and maybe some chemical peels to help unplug pores. Recommend diet high in healthy fats and proteins, organic, avoid all sugars except frui.