Why is it so painful to give birth?

Dr. Robert Phillips
In brief: Two answers
The first-physiology, it is not that easy to get a cantaloupe sized baby head to pass through your vagina.
Just think how painful a large stool can be and quintuplify it. The second- part of the divine plan and miracle of birth-the answers to which we are not privy to. I speculate that this magnifies the maternal child bonding magic.

In brief: Two answers
Dr. Robert Phillips
Dr. Robert Phillips
Dr. Mark Sacher
Pain Management
In brief: Many reasons
Gravid (pregnant) uterus causes lower back pain.
Your fetus's head pressing on your cervical and vaginal wall can cause pelvic pain, vaginal pain. Also your fetus's body dilating your cervix and vagina results in severe pain.

In brief: Many reasons
Dr. Mark Sacher
Dr. Mark Sacher
Dr. Jane Van Dis