What to do for vertigo?

Dr. David Astrachan
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery

In brief: Depends how long

Acute vertigo from a viral illness is best treated by Prednisone and valium.
I am not a big fan of Antivert (meclizine) preferring Valium or other meds like it. Long term vertigo is best treated with vestibular rehabilitation therapy. Vertigo that occurs only when moving your head while in bed can be treated by a procedure to reposition loose calcium deposits. Any question see an ENT doctor.

In brief: Depends how long

Dr. David Astrachan
Dr. David Astrachan
Dr. Prem Gupta
Neurology

In brief: Antivert (meclizine) as preventi

It is patients with chronic vertigo that are most bothered by it.
In my experience apley's maneuver has often failed but Antivert (meclizine) on regular basis in often dosages which are higher than pdr control the vertigo.

Dr. Prem Gupta
Dr. Prem Gupta