I pulled my hamstring about 9months ago, is it normal for it to still hurt?

Dr. Lauren Elson
Physical & Rehabilitation Medicine

In brief: Hamstring saga

Dapending on the degree of your initial strain, the type of rehabilitation you had, and what type of sport you are involved in, hamstrings can take forever to heal.
Avg professional dancer doesn't feel "normal" for 9-12 months. Runners- less time. Rehab includes core re-training-deep tissue massage/acupuncture helpful for improving blood flow to region. See physician to rule out other complication.

In brief: Hamstring saga

Dr. Lauren Elson
Dr. Lauren Elson
Dr. Mark Weston
Orthopedic Surgery - Spine

Being healed and pain free are two different subjects the muscle itissue is healed when it comes to where you can't feel it is anybodys guess prevention is the only cure.

Dr. Mark Weston
Dr. Mark Weston
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine