What affects does inhaling isopropyl alcohol have on a fetus? I use it everyday as a disinfectant when i give myself insulin .

Dr. Pamela Pappas

In brief: If only this use

If you're only meaning this type of use where you don't have to inhale deeply, you will probably not be harming yourself or your baby.
Some people purposefully inhale this alcohol to get intoxicated -- and this kind of use could harm both you and your baby. I suggest you avoid breathing it in at all, if possible.

In brief: If only this use

Dr. Pamela Pappas
Dr. Pamela Pappas
Dr. Dan Fisher

In brief: Suspect none.

There will be no studies to guide this, but i suspect there is no significant effect.
Systemic absorption can't be anything more than minimal. Should probably minimize exposure as best you can. If you are using small needles, say 27 g or higher, and your skin is clean, there is no necessity to use alcohol skin cleanser.

In brief: Suspect none.

Dr. Dan Fisher
Dr. Dan Fisher
Dr. Aaron Milstone
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Pulmonology