Why is it important to get a triple check test?

?? Are you pregnant and talking about serum testing for chromosomal problems? If so then it's not that important. It could help mentally prepare you if a baby has a chromosomal problem. These are increased at your age, but it is not going to change the outcome in ant way i can imagine. I assume this is the test to which you refer, not sure though and discuss this with the person ordering it.
Prenatal diagnosis. The triple test is a screening test for an increased risk for genetic and/or structural anomalies in the fetus. An abnormal screen does not necessarily mean there is a definite problem with your baby - but it does warrant further evaluation, usually an amniocentesis or a targeted ultrasound exam by a perinatologist. The results could affect the management of your pregnancy and of your delivery.