How to control gout without medicines ?

Dr. John Goldman
Internal Medicine - Rheumatology
In brief: Depends type of gout
There are many types of gout and soem require medications liek tumor lysis syndrome after cancer chemotherapy.
Some gout is causes by increased production of uric acid and other by decreased urine excretion and some by both of these. If gout is caused by too much alcohol I have cured gout by having my patients stop alcohol. One can improve renal excretion by stopping certain meds.

In brief: Depends type of gout
Dr. John Goldman
Dr. John Goldman
Dr. Angus Worthing
In brief: Prevention
Gout can be prevented by lowering uric acid below 6.
You can do this by avoiding purines in foods like red meat and alcohol. Also, exercise. Also, add vitamin c and low fat dairy. Stay hydrated.

In brief: Prevention
Dr. Angus Worthing
Dr. Angus Worthing
Dr. Leila Wing
In brief: Tricky
It is not easy to control gout without medications.
Some recommend a "low purine" diet which includes low protein/meat and avoidance of alcohol. Here is a link from the mayo clinic website: http://www.Mayoclinic.Com/health/gout-diet/my01137.

In brief: Tricky
Dr. Leila Wing
Dr. Leila Wing