I have a painful lump below my left armpit and two small pea sized lumps in my left breast that went away 1 month ago but are now back. What are they?

Dr. John Kirk

In brief: Check with Doc

Breast masses are common.
Most of the time they are benign. They should always be checked out with your doctor. The evaluation may involve a mammogram and an ultrasound as well as an examination. The findings that you described are commonly associated with cysts and can be affected by caffeine and also by shaving with lymph node changes in the breast or armpit. Cancer usually does not come and go.

In brief: Check with Doc

Breast masses are common.
Dr. John Kirk
Dr. John Kirk
Dr. Mark Pack
Board Certified, Surgery