How can I tell if my lap band has erosion I really want it out ?

In brief: Endoscopy
If you and your physician suspect erosion you should have an upper endoscopy.
By placing a camera into your stomach your doctor can see if the band has eroded through you will need to have your band removed and possibly consider other surgical options if necessary.

In brief: Endoscopy
Dr. Dominic Ricciardi
Dr. Dominic Ricciardi
Dr. Arthur Heller
Internal Medicine - Gastroenterology
In brief: 2 questions?
Erosions can cause pain, nausea, vomiting, bleeding.
If you want it removed, talk to your surgeon. Can be done even without erosion present; careful, may regain weight if you do remove it, and don't take measures to prevent weight gain.

In brief: 2 questions?
Dr. Arthur Heller
Dr. Arthur Heller
Dr. Brett Kalmowitz
the band can be seen eroding into the stomach on endoscopy or cat scan
In brief: A scope
If you want it out, you should talk with your surgeon, and arrange to have it out.
But the reason you want it out is the most interesting question- it may be it is too tight, it may be that it is too loose, and it may be that you just don't want to change the lifestyle with the band.

In brief: A scope
Dr. Terry Simpson
Dr. Terry Simpson
Dr. Crystal Twynham
Board Certified, Surgery