I cannot sleep?

Sleep Hygiene. The very best medicine for sleep is: no medicine at all. For the vast majority of us, trouble sleeping is related to poor sleep habits. These include: daytime napping, caffeine use, watching tv at night, not getting sufficient exercise, and drug use. The first thing to do: look up "sleep hygiene" on the internet and make lifestyle changes. If that doesn't work, then see your doctor.
Insomnia. Insomnia is a sleep disorder that is characterized by difficulty falling and/or staying asleep. http://www.webmd.com/sleep-disorders/guide/insomnia-symptoms-and-causes#1.
Second opinion. Most people who suffer from insomnia are well aware of--and have already tried and failed--sleep hygiene advice. Though sleep hygiene advice is solid advice, it fails to--by itself--ameliorate insomnia in many sufferers. My strategy is to prescribe insomnia medication, and then after 1-2 months of good sleep, slowly wean off meds.