I was recently diagnosed with fibromyalgia. My doctor did not prescribe any medication for the pain, its there anything you would suggest I ask for?

Dr. David Rosenfeld
Pain Management

In brief: Several Options

Cymbalta, savella (milnacipran) and Lyrica are all approved for fm. I would suggest trying one of these.
A referral for aqua therapy would also be good.

In brief: Several Options

Dr. David Rosenfeld
Dr. David Rosenfeld
Dr. Keith Rafal
Physical & Rehabilitation Medicine

In brief: There are many optio

Once other conditions are ruled out, a full lab panel is done to consider other conditions that may contribute to the symptoms there are many options.
The options do include medication for some, but also physical therapy, change in diet and lifestyle choices, mind/body strategies as well as a variety of alternative therapies like acupuncture which may be helpful.

In brief: There are many optio

Dr. Keith Rafal
Dr. Keith Rafal
Dr. Vikram Patel