My 3 year old has a bad cough and that's her only smyton what could it be?

Dr. Marcus Degraw
In brief: Could be a few thing
Talk it over with your doc and get looked over. If drainage or throat clearing, colds or allergies.
If cough in pm and with exercise, maybe asthma. Maybe reflux. Maybe habit cough. Could be many things. Get an exam and talk it over with your doc.

In brief: Could be a few thing
Dr. Marcus Degraw
Dr. Marcus Degraw
Dr. Cindy Juster
In brief: See below.
Coughing can have many causes, ranging from post-nasal drip from a cold or sinusitis to pneumonia, asthma, choking on an object that can lodge in the lungs, etc.
It's reasonable to try some saline nose drops and suction, but if that doesn't help, she needs to see her doctor and be examined to determine what's causing this symptom. I hope she feels better soon!

In brief: See below.
Dr. Cindy Juster
Dr. Cindy Juster
Dr. Aaron Milstone
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Pulmonology