I have a fatty lump in my back, recently it is causing pain in my upper back and neck, is there anything that can be done? Thanks.

Evaluate and remove. It sounds like a subtype of a lipoma with more fibrous tissue that tends to be more symptomatic for people and occurs in the upper back area. I would recommend seeing a dermatologist or a surgeon for evaluation ant remove it most likely within an hour under local anesthesia. They may want to image it to ensure it isn't impinging on vital nerves.