My mum finished her radiotherapy sessions for stage three cervical cancer and looks healthy. Is there any further test that can be done to her?

Dr. R. Scott Anderson
Radiation Oncology

In brief: A PET

I find pet scans helpful in assessing response to therapy/ evaluation for further therapy.

In brief: A PET

Dr. R. Scott Anderson
Dr. R. Scott Anderson
Dr. Bahman Daneshfar
Radiation Oncology

In brief: Exam and scans

She should follow with physical pelvic exams with her radiation oncologist and gynecologic oncologist.
The doctors will also obtain ct scans of the pelvis and abdomen to check on areas that can not physically be examined.

In brief: Exam and scans

Dr. Bahman Daneshfar
Dr. Bahman Daneshfar
Dr. Andrew Turrisi
Radiation Oncology

In brief: IIIa or b Cx Ca

Frankly, gyn oncology is not my area.
Usual follow up with imaging, but its done by "practice" rather than established fact. Exam by gynonc and radonc, imaging by ct or mr. Outcome is generally good.

In brief: IIIa or b Cx Ca

Frankly, gyn oncology is not my area.
Dr. Andrew Turrisi
Dr. Andrew Turrisi
Dr. Alfred Tinger
Radiation Oncology

The best test is an expert physical examination, which means a pelvic or internal examination by her physician.
If she feels well and the examination is normal, imaging tests do not usually add more information. Ct (computed tomography) scans may be ordered if there is a question. Pet (positron emission tomography) scans may also be helpful after three months from radiation to allow recovery.

Dr. Alfred Tinger
Dr. Alfred Tinger
Dr. Megan Bird

In brief: Paps and exams

She will still need regular pap smears and exams to make sure that it doesn't come back.
Hoping for the best!

In brief: Paps and exams

Hoping for the best!
Dr. Megan Bird
Dr. Megan Bird
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham