When will I be able to have sex after a c-section?

Dr. Nikolaos Zacharias
Obstetrics & Gynecology - Maternal Fetal Medicine
In brief: Of course!
What a question! sex may resume as soon as you feel ready for it after any delivery, provided you avoid pregnancy until your child's first birthday.
Abstinence works for most women until 3 months postpartum, and that's a good idea.

In brief: Of course!
Dr. Nikolaos Zacharias
Dr. Nikolaos Zacharias
Dr. Robert Benner
In brief: 6 weeks
We usually recommend 6 weeks, but this is based on very little real research.
Once bleeding has stopped and the incision is no longer too tender, gentle sexual activity is fine. Some new moms tell me that they felt ready for sex sooner after a c-section than after a vaginal birth, as they had no stitches from a tear or episiotomy to cause vaginal discomfort. This varies a lot amongst new moms.

In brief: 6 weeks
Dr. Robert Benner
Dr. Robert Benner