I am suffering with antenatal depression and just been prescribed prozac (fluoxetine). Should I try it out for a bit before returning to work?

Pregnant & depressed. Being pregnant and depressed is not easy. Please don't assume Prozac (fluoxetine) should be your sole treatment of depression. Results are much better when combined with psychotherapy, so please make sure this is part of your treatment. Timing your return to work depends on your discussions with your psychiarist & your therapist. Prozac (fluoxetine) will take 4-6 weeks to show effectiveness.
See below. It is a good idea to take medications and see the response. Returning to work while you are still symptomatic might cause poor productivity and more depression due to the increased stress. If there is no response to Prozac (fluoxetine) you might need to seek the professional advice from psychiatrist before returning to work..