5 months ago my erection developed a upwards bend of around 45 degrees causing trouble with intercourse. What is it and how can I fix it?

In brief: Peyronie's disease

This is most likely peyronies disease.
This is a condiition that leads to scar tissue in the penis. You should see a urologist. It takes 12 months for the scar tissue (plaque to stabilize). Treatment options include medical therapy (which does not usually help), plaque injections with various medications, as well as reconstructive surgery (not commonly done).

In brief: Peyronie's disease

This is most likely peyronies disease.
Dr. Howard Adler
Dr. Howard Adler

In brief: May be Peyronie's

Peyronie's disease is due to a thickened, firm area (caused by scarring after some inflammation or injury to the penis) in the compartment where blood flows in to pressurize the penis into an erection.
Since the firm area (plaque) is a fixed shape and size, but the rest of the penis expands to get erect, one gets a crooked penis. A normal penis without peyronie's can be mildly curved when erect.

In brief: May be Peyronie's

Dr. Edward Goldberg
Internal Medicine - Gastroenterology

In brief: Peyronie's Disease

A new and significant bend in the penis is usually due to peyronie's disease.
It is the result of a hardening of some of the tissue in the penis so that with an erection, the penis bends in a particular way. I'd suggest a visit to a urologist but i've had success treating patients with daily cialis, 5mg per day for a few months. More treatments are being researched.

In brief: Peyronie's Disease

Dr. Edward Goldberg
Dr. Edward Goldberg
Dr. Jane Van Dis