High fever and sore throat?

Could be strep. If you are an adult with high fever and sore throat, you could have strep throat, influenza virus, or other causes for which there is treatment. Go see your doctor. (s)he can exam you and do a rapid test for these causes. To make you feel better in the meantime, you may take tylenol, (acetaminophen) while waiting to be seen.
Could be. Strept is just one type of pathogen that can cause a throat infection. It's one that needs an antibiotic, most of the others don't. It's more likely strept if you have a fever, swollen lymph nodes in the front of your neck and white mucous covering your tonsills.