For wisdom teeth removal, is it safer to go under general anesthesia or get an IV sedation?

I.v. sedation. The best course of action is to discuss the anesthesia plan with your anesthesia doctor prior to surgery. Wisdom tooth extraction can be done safely and pain free with I.V. Sedation, without the need for a breathing tube. General anesthesia for wisdom tooth extraction will require a breathing tube and because of this can be associated with additional risks.
Depends. Safety during any anesthesia depends on a good preoperative evaluation of your health history and any potential problems, proper anesthetic techniques with monitoring equipment by trained personnel. Oral surgeons receive extensive training in IV sedation and general anesthesia. Many oral surgeons offer the option of general anesthesia in their offices and have an excellent safety record.
Talk to Dentist. Most teeth extractions can be done under local anesthesia with a cooperative patient. If there are especially impacted teeth then some sedation might be indicated. I don't even remember the procedure after a little dose of valium. If you have concerns please contact your dentist and discuss these fears with him. General anesthesia should not be needed. Good luck.
Consider local anes. Safest is local anesthesia (plus sweet air), and i've done it that way a thousand times with rarely a patient feeling they made the wrong decision. Consider it. Safety rests upon your medical condition, the agents used and the skills if your doctor. Discuss options with your own surgeon.
IV is safer. Very few dentists will offer general anesthesia in their office since there are many more things that must be monitored. General anesthesia is usually done in a hospital settings with an anesthesiologist in charge of the anesthesia. Iv sedation is much less complex and certainly suffices for wisdom teeth extractions.
BOTH IV. Both procedures are done with iv. If you are just apprehensive i would just have light conscious sedation to make you feel mellow during the procedure. If you're a coward then have the procedure performed by an oral surgeon and discuss your anesthesia options.