I have to have all four of my wisdom teeth removed. Should I opt for local anesthetic or general anesthesia?

Discuss with surgeon. The use of local anesthesia, either with\ without sweet air, or IV sedation will vary based upon the difficulty of the extraction and your personal preferences.Given the choice, most of my patients request the use of only local anesthesia (and perhaps sweet air). Some patients will only be comfortable with IV sedation and for them, that is the best way. General anesthesia is rarely used anymore.
Talk to Dentist. Most teeth extractions can be done under local anesthesia with a cooperative patient. If there are especially impacted teeth then some sedation might be indicated. I don't even remember the procedure after a little dose of valium. If you have concerns please contact your dentist and discuss these fears with him. Good luck.
Depends. Regardless if sedation is used or not, you will still receive local anesthesia for your surgery. Depending on the training of your dentist and/or surgeon, the option of providing sedation and/or general anesthesia may be offered. With the advent of newer drugs that have a rapid onset and short half life, many patients will choose to be asleep and have very comfortable procedure with no recall.
General anesthetic. If your wisdom teeth are impacted, i would recommend general anesthetic for comfort. If your wisdom teeth are fully erupted, local anesthetic may be sufficient.
DEPENDS. During your prodcedure, you will have local anesthesia regardless of you having IV or not. General anesthesia is an option which you should discuss with your surgeon.