Is there some type of deodorant or pill that I can use for above average underarm perspiration?

Sure. Ask a doctor for drysol. It's like a super-antiperspirant. Stronger than otc. Use it nightly for a few nights until you stop sweating, then periodically as needed. Still use an antiperspirant and deodorant combination otc product every morning, and get one that says "clinical strength".