I have problen on my tongue.I feel my taste buts swollen and my tongue is a litle bit yellow on the back I am a smoker also ?

Dr. Anifat Balogun
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery

In brief: Taste buds/yellow

Have your doctor or otolaryngologist (ENT) perform a thorough oral examination to ensure that the swelling and yellow color are not a sign of anything more serious.
Smokers have a higher risk of oral and throat cancer.

In brief: Taste buds/yellow

Dr. Anifat Balogun
Dr. Anifat Balogun
Dr. David Mann
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery

In brief: Swollen tongue

This complaint is very common with smokers.
The papillae on the tongue enlarge and will often have an appearance that looks like brown and hairy. This doesnt sound like cancer, but you still need to be checked by ENT and stop smoking! there i recommend you gently brush the tongue. Take a multivitamin. Othe causes, like yeast (thrush) can cause this, especially if you take oral inhalers.

In brief: Swollen tongue

Dr. David Mann
Dr. David Mann
Dr. Andrea Brand