I have stomach pain when I am hungry. In addition I have constipation too. Does constipation create gas that cause pain? Or is it a symptom of ulcer

Dr. David Drewitz
Internal Medicine - Gastroenterology

In brief: Unclear cause

Ulcers typically cause upper abdominal pain and could be associated with nausea and/or GI bleeding.
Pain from constipation is typically in the lower abdomen. I'd suggest you address the constipation first with a high fiber diet, stool softeners (e.g. Colace) and fiber supplement (e.g. Metamucil). You may also need a laxative in which case i suggest mom or miralax (polyethylene glycol). Avoid taking asa/nsaids.

In brief: Unclear cause

Dr. William Forsythe