I have red and white blood cells in urine but no bacteria. I also have abdominal pain and pain in my sides. Any ideas?

Dr. Camilla Graham
Internal Medicine - Infectious Disease

In brief: Other infection?

Have you been tested for gonorrhea and chlamydia yet? Deep pelvic infections can lead to pain in the abdomen and sides.

In brief: Other infection?

In brief: Poss Kidney Stones

Have you had an imaging study? Ultrasound is rather unreliable.
If your urinary ph (acidity) is 6 or higher, then stones should show up on plain xray (kub). Urine ph of 5.5 or lower can cause uric acid stones, which do not show up on plain film. Ct scan is then necessary. Bottom line is, you need to be seen by your doctor and, if he can't figure it out, get a referral to a specialist.

In brief: Poss Kidney Stones

Dr. Crystal Twynham
Board Certified, Surgery