Pros & cons of prednisone for bronchitis? (i have asthma)

Quick relief. Without steroids, it will take longer to recover, steroids are not always needed. Cons of a short course are limited but include insomnia and increased blood sugar. Long term use is more likely to cause problems.
+ and - Bronchitis can trigger an asthma exacerbation, necessitating prednisone, assuming you are already on inhaled steroids and bronchodilators. The cons are side effects, short term acid reflux, increased appetite, long term are too many to list. But if you must have it, it helps you breathe and stop the asthma in its tracks.