Sore wrists and knees, with bony intrusions, what is this condition?

Dr. John Goldman
Internal Medicine - Rheumatology
In brief: Osteophytes bone
I am not clear what a bone intrusion is.
If you mean hard bumps these can be osteophytes which grow in response to many things like wear and tear in osteoarthritis. The body will adapt with bone enlargement in response to stress at the area of ligament and tendon attachments. We see these osteophytes in many places liek the hands in osteoarthritis - but also wrists, knees, feet etc.

In brief: Osteophytes bone
Dr. John Goldman
Dr. John Goldman
Dr. Otto Placik
Surgery - Plastics
In brief: Osteoarthritis
This is most likely osteoarthritis also known as degenerative arthritis caused by "wear & tear" on the joints from repeated use.
While rest, ice, and inflammatories are the mainstay of treatment you should discuss with your primary care physician to exclude more serious causes.

In brief: Osteoarthritis
Dr. Otto Placik
Dr. Otto Placik
Dr. Vicken Poochikian